Happy Almost New Year! Here's a little about me!

     I am a thirty-three-year-old woman who just graduated high school in twenty-two. I decided to keep the momentum going and apply for colleges, and I am so happy to have found a home here at UAGC. 

    Career-wise I have spent the last thirteen years in sales and customer service. I believe my strength in communication will serve me well in my career in early education. 

    In my off time, I enjoy writing letters to different world leaders, encouraging them to look into at-home manufacturing as an additional source of income. I know that I like to stay busy, and bringing home an extra fifty to a hundred dollars daily is nothing to scoff at, and I know from personal experience how far it can go. 

    I would call myself a hobbyist entrepreneur trying to capture a windfall by being in the right place at the right time. I am putting in the work, hoping it pays off one day. Throughout history, things have been accomplished by writing one letter a day. With email, I can compose many, the problem is things get lost in the shuffle, and validation is few and far between. Still, I have heard back from President Biden twice about an action plan to include solar power in section eight housing to help subsidize their bill. Celine Dion also replied once. , 

     Being a mother, I have viewed many educational cartoons for children and at one point in time, I was interested in writing for Sesame Street. I found gaps in their real-world knowledge, such as how money and starting businesses work. I believe we have real opportunities for growth in that area and I am excited to tackle them in time. 

    In the future, I see myself as a passionate teacher who engages her students with real-world examples. My ultimate goal is to fund a school that would support one child that comes from an impoverished family and pays for their education at a boarding school, the only requirement being that they go back to their initial communities and serve as doctors, lawyers, nurses, accountants, and other higher paying jobs. In time the process would raise the inner-city economic stability from the inside out. This idea came from a documentary on Netflix entitled "Daughters of Destiny." A school like this already exists in India, and I believe with enough proven policies and procedures, we can replicate it in America in some capacity.


Kaytee Foley | Portfolium

Comments